It’s easy to spot a drunk at a restaurant or in a bar. They’re typically loud, unsteady on their feet and either overly friendly or extra obnoxious. The signs are obvious.
What about if that same driver gets behind the wheel of a car? The signs of a drunk driver in St. Louis are just as obvious, provided you know how to spot them. Here are 15 common signs of potentially drunk drivers in danger of causing a St. Louis car accident:
- Driving at night without lights
- Driving the wrong way on a one-way road
- Driving on the shoulder
- Driving directly in the middle of two lanes (on the center line)
- Drifting in between lanes
- Driving considerably above or below the speed limit
- Speeding up or slowing down for no apparent reason
- Suddenly swerving to avoid hitting an object
- Braking suddenly for no apparent reason
- Stopping at a green light
- Going through a red light without even slowing down
- Getting too close when attempting to pass a car
- Signaling a turn but not following through
- Taking an extra wide turn
Not every driver exhibiting these dangerous behaviors is drunk, but why take your chances? A drunk driver can be unpredictable so it’s best to steer clear. If you spot a driver you believe may be drunk, slow down or move over to give them plenty of room.
If you have already been the victim of a St. Louis drunk driving accident, then you should talk to a skilled lawyer who can help you recoup damages for your injuries.
For a free consultation with an experienced St. Louis car accident attorney, or to order a free copy of our guide How to Pick a Lawyer, call 877-241-1020 today.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "How to Spot a Drunk Driver and Prevent a St. Louis Car Crash"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."